Car Accident Compensation
Economic & Non-Economic Damages for Your McAllen Car Accident Claim
When a person is involved in a car accident, he or she may seek financial compensation for injuries and losses sustained. This may include money for property damage, medical care, lost earnings and even emotional trauma. Recovering a fair settlement or award may go a long way in helping a car accident victim to rebuild and move on. At Stern Law Group, we believe in helping the injured pursue just compensation after serious car accidents. You can find out more about our firm and what we can do to help you by calling a McAllen car accident attorney for a free consultation.
Pursuing Maximum Compensation After an Accident
After an auto accident, it may be tempting to accept the insurance company's first offer. Or, you may feel pressured into accepting a settlement by an aggressive claims adjuster. It is important to be patient and to take the time to fully review any settlement offer before accepting. There may be missing damages for injuries or losses you have not yet considered, such as ongoing medical treatment or loss of future earnings. There are a few steps you can take to help ensure you have the best opportunity of recovering maximum compensation for your car accident claim or lawsuit:
- Keep detailed records on everything pertaining to the accident and your injuries. Save emails, receipts and any other documents related to your medical care, from an initial visit to the emergency room to a follow-up appointment with a chiropractor for ongoing neck pain. No matter how trivial the cost or visit, it may prove important to proving the full value of your claim.
- Keep receipts for all expenses incurred due to the accident, including medical care and also other costs, such as a rental car, travel expenses to and from medical appointments, child-care costs, and more.
- Take pictures of your injuries. Having photos of your injuries and recent photos prior to your injuries will allow for a clear comparison and can show just how serious the accident was.
- Be sure to document any and all work you have missed, including what you may have been paid for and what was unpaid. This may prove crucial when you work to recover money for lost wages.
- Create a diary of your medical progress, documenting your progress. Keep track of your pain levels, emotional state and overall wellness. This can help you show how much of an impact your injury has had, particularly if you find yourself suffering from long-term emotional or physical trauma.
- Do not accept the first settlement offer without carefully reviewing everything it covers. If you are too quick to accept a settlement without reviewing it, you may find that it does not cover all of your losses.
- Consider involving an attorney. A legal professional who is experienced in handling car accident claims and lawsuits can offer insight regarding any settlement offer and can properly value your case so you can pursue fair compensation. An attorney can also represent your interests and protect your rights in any dealings with insurance companies, claims adjusters, law enforcement and other interested parties – all to help you recover the highest possible settlement or award.
Involve a McAllen Car Accident Lawyer as Soon as Possible
There is no reason to delay in consulting with a car accident lawyer at our McAllen, Texas law firm. Your initial consultation is free and confidential, and this can give you the information and answers you need to make the right choices about your case. Instead of jeopardizing your right to compensation by signing a settlement agreement that may not be in your best interests, work with a knowledgeable professional who can protect your rights. Contact our firm today to discuss your case.